SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Ethos of the school
Information presented in the school prospectus
Staff Values and aims
Culture of the school puts the child
at the heart of everything it does
Care, well-being, love & respect
School policy and practice are measured by aims and values set by the school community; pupils, staff, parents and governors, aiming to:
1. Create a calm, happy and purposeful environment for all children and staff through positive management that reflects care, respect and support for each other, encouraging tolerance, discussion and co-operation at all times.
2. Provide a stimulating working environment and curriculum that systematically builds pupils skills and knowledge over time.
3. Foster a non-sexist, non-racist, non-homophobic and non-elitist philosophy amongst the school community, ensuring equality of opportunity for all.
4. Provide opportunities for children to achieve their full potential – to develop their skills, talents and interests, within a creative and stimulating environment which celebrates children’s achievements and sets high standards for ALL.
To ensure that children are able to work and play safely, we expect them to:
1. be polite and thoughtful and play fairly and cooperatively with each other at all times.
2. Listen and consider each other’s feelings.
3. Be kind and never hit back but tell an adult.
We value each other’s work and celebrate each other’s achievement, whatever that might be.
We value our learning and we are determined to do well. We love reading, writing, investigating and sharing our learning with each other!
At school we respect, tolerate and help each other. We never use abusive language of any kind that hurts others and our behaviour is always the best!
We know how important it is to be in school everyday and on time so we always do our best to achieve 100% attendance and punctuality.
If you forget these rules and have a bad day, remember:
Own up, make amends, and resolve to do better tomorrow!
Always care for each other and know you belong to a large family, the ‘Grafton Family’.